If you’re looking for cheap, healthy and tasty meals that won’t break the budget, then you’re in the right place! Here are ten delicious & healthy dishes that cost less than five dollars each.
1. Egg Fried Rice – This classic Asian cheap meal is made with steamed rice, beaten eggs and vegetables. It’s an incredibly simple AND tasty dish to make at home for less than 5$.
2. Vegetable Soup – A cheap bowl of vegetable soup is surely a great way to get your daily dose of veggies while not spending much budget on groceries. Just toss in whatever vegetables you have handy into hot water or broth and season it with some salt and pepper.
3. Baked Potato – Another cheap dish that’s easy to make is the classic baked potato. Just pop a large potato into the oven and bake it until it’s soft and tender. Top it with cheese, sour cream, or other cheap toppings of your choice for an extra tasty meal.
4. Fried Plantains – Plantains are cheap and widely available in many parts of the world. Fry them up in some oil for an easy side dish or transforming them into plantain chips which can be served as snacks for guests!
5. Bean Burritos – Who says cheap meals have to be boring? With this cheap burrito recipe you can enjoy a variety of flavors without spending too much money on ingredients.
6. Grilled Cheese Sandwich – A grilled cheese sandwich is another cheap and delicious meal that’s easy to make. All you need is some bread, butter, and cheese!
7. Tofu Stir Fry – This healthy, cheap vegan meal is made with tofu and vegetables like bell peppers, green beans, mushrooms, or whatever other veggies you have on hand. It’s a tasty main course for a cheap dinner under 5$!
8. Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich – An all-time lunch favorite that can be quickly thrown together without spending too much money. Use whole wheat bread for extra nutrition and natural peanut butter for an even healthier option!
9. Pasta With Tomato Sauce – Who doesn’t love a good bowl of pasta? Make it cheap by using canned tomatoes and cheap vegetables to make some delicious tomato sauce for your under 5$ dinner.
10. Lentil Stew – Lentils are a cheap and healthy ingredient that is packed with vegan protein, minerals and fiber. Make a cheap stew with lentils, tomatoes, onions, garlic and spices—it’s tasty and nutritious!
These ten dishes won’t break the bank super mom but they will certainly keep you satisfied on a budget. Eating cheap doesn’t have to mean sacrificing taste or health—all it takes is some creativity in the kitchen! Enjoy these ten cheap meals under 5$ budget dear super mommies!